Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Slow


Geesh.  This quilt feels like it is taking me forever.  I thought it was supposed to be quick!  Everyone is either lying about the speed of putting this together or else I am just very, very slow.  I have faith in humanity so it really must be me and the fact that I am spending at least half of my limited free time reading The Game of Thrones (oh my god so good) and another one quarter of it planning the next quilt I want to make.  You know, because I don't already have four quilts in progress and I have so much free time.  Right.  

7 comments:

  1. LOL at least you are enjoying the process. Your quilt is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty with the pinks and purples:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a gorgeous collection of blocks--very colorful. I found this TAL project to be very slow in the beginning too. I gained speed towards the end, mostly because I started sewing in stages rather than sewing blocks--I'd sew my six strips together, and not get up from the sewing machine, until I had made all of the six-strip sets I needed. Then I ironed and made all the tubes. And then I cut and picked and reassembled each block one at a time. Keep chugging. The TAL is so worth it, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is looking great! I love the combination of fabrics you have chosen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. quilters are really good at starting new projects. i think it's what keeps it fun and fresh for those of us who can't buckle down all the way to a finish but still love to quilt! it's okay. =)

    if you are just slow, so am i! every time i think i'm getting faster, i'm not. but the quilts are slowly building up after 3 years, so it's getting a lot more satisfying. i'm just me, at my speed, and it's working out eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be oh so pretty when it is done.

    I love the colors in your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This quilt is beautiful! I love the fabrics, and whether fast or slow, I'm sure it will be worth it!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers - thanks for leaving a comment!