Monday, July 22, 2013

Katie Jump Rope

Thank you all for the comments on my last post, reminding me that quilting is about the process, not always the end (though the end is so nice).


I put aside the scrappy trip quilt this weekend and picked up another work in progress, my Katie Jump Rope quilt.  Did anyone else hoard this fabric?  I splurged on a fat quarter set several years ago and then it sat and sat - I was waiting for the perfect project for this.



When I found out I was pregnant with the  bee last year, I knew this was the perfect fabric for his eventual big boy bed.  This will just be a simple square within square twin-sized quilt. I figure I have a good two years before I need to actually finish this one.  Plenty of time, unless of course his big sister claims it first!

Psss...I'm sharing this over at A Quilt Story's Fabric Tuesday.  Go check it out!

7 comments:

  1. The simplest quilts are the best-- I bet your son will cherish that quilt all his life:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, those fabrics will make a great big-boy quilt... I love simple patterns, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the different combinations for the blocks - YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be one beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Katie Jump Rope, and this pattern is great for showing it off!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fabric its gorgeous and the blocks are fab. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, KJR. I keep resisting expensive bundles of it on Etsy, but it's really my favorite line that DS has ever done. (I keep holding out hoping they will reprint like they did with FMF.) I love it for a boy! He will be a lucky fellow to have such loveliness on his bed.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers - thanks for leaving a comment!