Saturday, May 16, 2009

Summer Dress Sewalong

So, it must be all of the quilting, but I think my [clothing] sewing block might just be about over. Over the past couple of weeks I've been filled with ideas and inspiration, namely for some summer dresses. Several of you mentioned an interest in playing along in a summer dress sewalong. I hope that by doing so, we can motivate and inspire each other to make at least one fabulous summer dress for our wardrobes this season.



The details: Sew a summer dress (or two or three or four!), post a picture of it in the Summer Dress Sewalong flickr pool, and I'll feature it on this blog the week of June 15th through the 19th. If you don't have a flickr account, just send me a link to your blog post with a picture of the dress. A few additional items: If you've already made a summer dress, it counts, as long as you made it this year! Also, dresses for children count too! Oh, and I'll probably throw a door prize in for a randomly chosen player.

I plan to post pictures of my inspiration and dress sewing process at least once a week between now and June 15th, and I encourage you to do the same. Happy dress sewing!

11 comments:

  1. thanks for hosting. i joined and look forward to it. i have so many ideas in my head right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how much fun!! :) Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea! I am attempting to make some skirts this summer, but I will def check this out for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll play! I need summer dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cut out my summer dress today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I love dresses and don't have nearly enough of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll join too. Sounds like fun, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post!! I have lovely collection of summer dresses...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to do this, and I know exactly what dress I'm making! I actually have two copies of the pattern -a McCalls wrap dress- because I'm rather bad at remembering what I already own, and so am giving one away back on my blog. The caveat is, whoever gets it has to sew it at the same time I do, be my sewing buddy (and vis versa), and then we'll interview each other in place of a pattern review.

    I'm excited to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! I just sent a dress that I made last week, and I have 2 others that just need a photo session and review to add. BTW, I heard about this from Cindy.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers - thanks for leaving a comment!