Friday, August 14, 2009

Hopscotch Quilt

My very good friend, who I've known since we met in Brownies many many years ago, had her first baby this summer. It's a good thing I finished this in time for her shower in May (yes, I have a backlog of projects to show), because little baby Hank surprised us all by showing up a week earlier than expected!



I used the Hopscotch Quilt pattern in Super Simple Quilts #1 and some Denyse Schmidt Katie Jump Rope fabrics. It really was a simple quilt to make. This was the first time that I tried free motion quilting. I'm not one hundred percent happy with the quilting, but it turned out OK. The BSR foot on my Bernina helped it from turning out to be a complete disaster, I'm sure. Practice, practice, practice, they say.



On a side note, I really need to find a suitable area to take pictures of quilts. This was taken in my upstairs hall, which is entirely too narrow to even get a full shot of a baby quilt.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I dread quilting, I almost never quilt, and I always admire people who can...

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! i hate trying to convince people to hold them up with out showing toes...hallways could be a challenge. cute stuff though.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers - thanks for leaving a comment!