Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Crud

Why am I such a sucker for sweet little girl fabric designs???


First there was Briar Rose by Heather Ross.  I bought a fat quarter bundle with the intention of making a quilt for the Bug.  With hope, she will like it and it will live on her bed (must include lots of pink for this to be successful).


Then I found, fell in love, and bought Fort Firefly.  Yes I did.  This will become a throw-size summer quilt.  This fabric screams to me, summer summer summer and takes me back to those barefoot, green, magical days.


And now.  Now I cannot get over Sarah Jane's new collection, Wee Wander.  I have fallen in love yet again.  Seriously people, I die over the cuteness.  I want it.  I *need* it.  But I'm not sure what to do with it!  Perhaps I should use this for the Bug's big girl bed, it does feature a lot of pink afterall.  But then what should I do with Briar Rose?

The question is, how many quilts does a little girl really need?  I need to start making things other than quilts, but in ways that I, I mean my children of course, can enjoy and treasure the fabrics.  Pillows? Bags?  Yes, but what else?

1 comment:

I love hearing from my readers - thanks for leaving a comment!