Friday, October 24, 2008

Thank you thank you

Thank you all so much for the warm wishes on our engagement. You all are too sweet. I was definitely taken by surprise when Peter popped the question. We're both very excited! Now the fun begins: planning a wedding. I'll keep you in the loop. Ideally I'd like to make some of the decorations. I've gotten a lot of questions about whether or not I'm going to make my own dress. Well, the jury is really out on that one. On the one hand, how great would it be to say, "I made my wedding dress!" and get a look that is exactly as you pictured. On the other hand, I'm not really sure I want the stress. We'll see.


Completely unrelated, here is an apron I made for my friend Ali. I used JCaroline's apron tutorial for the basic pattern, with a few modifications. This weekend I'm hoping to sew a lot for the house, as decorating for our new place continues. We're hoping to have most of the place finished this weekend. Maybe I'll have pictures to share next week. Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

  1. I never thought of making my own dress, mostly because I couldn't decide what I wanted until I found the perfect dress. But I did make my three flower girls' dresses. I knew exactly what I wanted, white smocked bishop dresses. That was way less stress than a wedding dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful apron! I think if you decided to make your dress, it would be beautiful! you have a great slender figure and would look great in anything!
    can't wait to see pictures of the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabrics you used for the apron. I can't wait to see what you make for your home!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers - thanks for leaving a comment!