Monday, March 2, 2009

Elissa's Quilt

I wanted a simple project to take my mind off of wedding things, and this fit the bill perfectly. I didn't even think too hard about the fabric choices, I let a Joann's fabric kit make the decision for me. Though a small part of me feels like I cheated a little bit, the fabric combination was too cute to pass up. Plus, the cutting line was ridiculously long that day. I used my own pattern inspired by the turning twenty quilt pattern and added a few extra fabrics such as those adorable houses.

The finished size of the quilt is 48" x 64". I quilted it using a diamond pattern to compliment the geometrical shapes of the piecing. I'm happy with how it turned out.

I made a little tag for the back using the alphabet stitches on my Bernina. I hope Elissa gets a lot of snuggles out of this quilt. I think it has a lifetime of snuggles to give.

14 comments:

  1. It's a sweet little quilt surely to be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors! Thanks for reminding me to label my quilts! I've made how many as gifts already haven't labeled ONE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the personalized tag! I am going to try that on my next quilt for my niece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great quilt! She'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must make a similar quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so beautiful! i just love it. what a sweet gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't think of a kinder gift! I love the feel of a quilt. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you did a great job! love the fabric--not cheating to buy a kit-- you even did a label, such a good girl. i have a hard time with that one. She'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's absolutely beautiful! I sent the link to a friend who has just started quilting, for some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Steph, it's so so so cute! I love it. I know Elissa will just love it. Much better than the "Make your own Pop-Up Book" and map puzzle I gave to her. She will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks fantastic!! There's something so snuggly about the rumples you get the first time you wash a quilt, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's beautiful - what a lucky niece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful quilt...you are very generous to give such a beautiful gift

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers - thanks for leaving a comment!